Monday 9 July 2012

Swingin'

Vintage Dress, Bettina Liano Top, Tristan Blair Booties, Sumakhi Coat
This was actually one of mum’s dresses that I dug up many many years ago and I remember I really enjoyed the colour of it but deterred from its awkward calf-ankle length, especially since it’s neither the fitted nor flowy kind of dress. So I pulled out the scissors and hacked into it to make it fall at the edge of the just long enough/ slightly too short cut-off point on me. As you can probably tell, I still haven’t hemmed it properly or anything leaving the dress to hold onto itself with its last remaining threads and occasionally thread away at the ends daring it to be shorter and shorter but it’s lasted through the decades and always has me wishing to dance to old funk and soul.







No comments:

Post a Comment